The Assistant Team Leader provides leadership for the successful operation of the entire front-end of store. The ATL creates and leads a sales team that is passionate about selling merchandise and ensuring a good customer experience. Responsibilities include aspects of Associate development, customer service, asset protection and store maintenance.
- Assist the Store Team Leader with managing payroll budgets, expenses, store banking, shrink reduction, and the timely completion of related reports to ensure financial and operational goals are met.
- Ensure that store standards, Redbook compliance, and company programs meet all operational expectations.
- Ensure that the front-end, entrance, and exterior of the building are maintained properly.
- Ensure that all Associates are provided daily tasks and are being productive.
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of the office areas.
- Provide support for the Door to Floor process and merchandising initiatives.
- Complete the monthly Operational Risk Assessment (ORA) and alarm test; ensure that all corrective actions are completed.
- Lead monthly safety meetings with store Associates and assess all changes from the meetings.
- Ensure that all customer service standards meet company expectations.
- Complete price changes as necessary and required by the company.
- Assist with coaching, training, developing, evaluating, supervising, and scheduling store Associates.
- Perform all Team Leader functions to open and close the store when needed.
- Provide leadership with the Associates regarding all donation programs and Ollie's Army sign up and membership.
- Assist with maintaining the proper hiring, recruiting, interviewing, selection, and onboarding of candidates to ensure the staffing needs of the store are continually met.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree related to business management preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years retail experience in a supervisory role within a mid-size to large retail or service-oriented business.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to effectively manage in a professional work environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Knowledge of industry terms and processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and delegate tasks.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with customers and Associates.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Ollie's is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, national origin, age, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website