Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.Click the link below to find out more details about the specific departments within each distribution center! Distribution Center Information Sheet Job Description:
Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required.
Work Experiences: At least 5 years of relevant business and management work experience, with demonstrated understanding and experience utilizing Warehouse Management Systems.
- Knowledge, experience, and ability to develop and implement Vendor Compliance best practices.
- Strong communicator and partner with DC management, Vendors, Merchants and other department leaders regarding Vendor Compliance related subjects.
- Ability and motivation to identify, present, document and implement continuous improvement within the department.
- Conceptualize, develop and document opportunities for use of technology to improve productivity and accuracy.
- Lead change in department to ensure highest level of team member productivity and morale.
- Develop and motivate a team of team members toward the completion of strategic goals in a fast-paced production environment.
- Analytical and an expert in Windows apps; Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Additional systems knowledge and experience in Oracle RMS, ABi (Micro Strategy) preferred.
- Effective listening, speaking, and writing skills with team member at all levels.
- Manages daily activities of team of Katy DC (Distribution Center) Vendor Compliance Coordinators and audit team, and supports Vendor Compliance operations in Twiggs & Cookeville Distribution Centers.
- Oversees coordination of all vendor chargebacks that occur due to non-compliance with Academy's policies.
- Reviews, documents and analyzes audit results and findings for process improvement and cost saving opportunities such as future vendor shipments, receiving processes, freight bills, audits and chargebacks.
- Develops and maintains productivity standards and reporting, reports results to management, and sets SMART goals for team member and department performance.
- Acts as the initial contact for vendor questions and items pertaining to compliance; initiate meetings and conference calls with vendors as needed to review vendor performance, follow up on noncompliance improvement and introduce vendors to Academy initiatives during home office visits in partnership with Buyers.
- Assists DC with resolving shipment issues by contacting vendors and communicating corrective action needed.
- Maintains the audit system and coordinates upgrades for reporting purposes, issuing weekly and monthly vendor reports.
- Participates in developing the annual budget for the department and ensures expenses are within budget.
- Communicates with corporate, stores and DC departments to solve problems and answer questions effectively and efficiently.
- Required to learn, follow and enforce company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Responsibilities may change and team members may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties.
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior.
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Apply on company website