Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
Assistant Manager, HawthornAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. We invite you to develop your leadership strengths as Assistant Restaurant Manager of Hawthorn, let your passion for guest service drive consistent guest satisfaction, an engaged team and outstanding operating results.
Hotel Overview: Centrally located in downtown Calgary, The Fairmont Palliser is the city's premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, The Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be. Join us in delivering the iconic Calgary experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Hawthorn General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead the Food and Beverage Outlet teams in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed (Hawthorn and In-Room Dining)
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- To assist in recruiting and training all Outlet (Hawthorn and In-Room Dining) Colleagues
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Attend regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies, practices and promotions
- Have full knowledge of menus
- Assist in managing the departmental budget
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food and Beverage or Restaurant leadership experience required
- Leading and developing staff
- Previous point of sale system experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website