Cent'Anni BaristaThe barista contributes to the success of Fairmont Grand Del Mar by ensuring our service standards are met. We do this by providing guests with prompt enthusiastic service, quality beverages and products. The barista will create a friendly, enthusiastic and clean atmosphere.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Provides quality beverages/food orders consistently for all customers.
- Maintains quality store operations.
- Contributes to store profitability.
- Completes all side work assigned by Supervisor and Manager.
- Maintains storage areas organized and safe.
- Ensures all displays are properly stocked and labeled accordingly.
- Create specialty beverages daily.
- Responsible for correctly handling cash, credit and comp procedures and properly completing paperwork. Responsible for taking telephone orders from guests.
- Is capable of guiding guest to other areas in Resort.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiastic work ethic
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills. Understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff & guests.
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- High School Education or equivalent.
- Prior restaurant experience preferred.
- Sanitation Certificate.
- TIPS Training or equivalent.
- Food Handlers card required
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Food & Beverage.
- Must have strong PC skills in meeting administrative requirements
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Must be able to lift minimum weight of 20lbs.
- Capable of working consecutive hours without sitting down.
- Ability to lift and carry trays and ovals.
- 95% - Stands during shift.
- 5% - Sitting for opening and closing paperwork.
- 70% - Reaching, bending, lifting.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the US
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Apply on company website