Fairmont Gold Supervisor, Seasonal
At Fairmont Waterfront, unparalleled service and luxury await guests of Fairmont Gold, our exclusive “hotel within a hotel” experience. As Fairmont Gold Supervisor, you will bring our exceptional “Fairmont Gold standards” to life – not only by delivering warm, personalized service to our guests, but also by being a role model for your Colleagues.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. Indulge in an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art meeting facilities and breathtaking harbour views complete with warm and welcoming service. Guests can enjoy simple, fresh, local and handcrafted artisan food in ARC, then visit our celebrated rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where we source our fresh herbs and honey from.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Fairmont Gold Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Provide exceptional Concierge information to our guests about local and area attractions, restaurants, theatres, special events, tickets, confirmations and other available services
- Develop and maintain strong guest relationships to ensure Fairmont Gold loyalty
- Develop and maintain contacts with business partners, concessionaires, local community and counterparts of Fairmont Gold throughout Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Review all Fairmont Gold reservations to ensure requests are met
- Assists guests in the Fairmont Gold Lounge with food and beverage service
- Manage the work tasks between pantry, lounge and Fairmont Gold desk
- Address guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying proper departments
- To follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- To follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Front Desk experience required, preferably in a 5 diamond hotel environment
- Previous Property Management System experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Must possess Serving it Right certification
- Must possess Food Safe certification
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal and written communication skills
- A member of Les Clef d'Or an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to)
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 20lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website