Overnight PBX Hotel Operator
Your knowledge of the hotel and the technical skill you display when responding to Guest telephone calls will prove you truly are a Fairmont professional. As a Royal Service Agent, effective and engaging communication is the key when speaking to fellow Colleagues and Guests.
Situated atop the scenic bluffs overlooking Santa Monica Beach, Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is just a stone's throw away from some of Southern California's best attractions including Santa Monica Pier and its historic carousel as well as Third Street Promenade -- famous for its fine restaurants, live entertainment, movie theatres, shopping, local artists' scene and a weekly farmer's market.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Front Office, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Process all external and internal calls either by redirecting calls or assisting the caller
- Take ownership of the caller's request and ensure follow up according to the Hotel's standards, including but not limited to sending guest folios, inputting request to appropriate departments, etc.
- Have a sufficient working knowledge of all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Front Office and Engineering
- Maintain and monitor the “Royal Service” and "Keypr" software system
- Serve as a liaison for Guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel
- Handle and distribute faxes, voice messages and written messages for internal and external Guests
- Have full knowledge of the hotel's emergency procedures
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be available to work overnight shifts on a regular basis
- Previous customer related experience an asset
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional standing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website