The Security Supervisor works closely with the Director of Security to ensure the Hotel operates in compliance with all requirements of local and federal occupational health and safety legislations, including FRHI Standards.
Hotel Overview:If creating memories and being part of an exceptional guest experience appeals to you, perhaps you would be interested in joining the outstanding team of hospitality professionals at Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. Located in Washington's fashionable West End, Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown surrounds you with comfort and luxury. The perfect hotel for either business or leisure travel, the Fairmont Washington offers spacious guestrooms and the brilliant colors of nature found in the hotel's central garden courtyard.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Security, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Maintain safe and healthy work environments throughout the Hotel as required by industry standards and in compliance with all applicable legislation.
- Work with each department head in eliminating workplace hazards and strive to prevent workplace accidents through safe work practices and by reporting and correcting any potential hazards brought to your attention or you observe.
- Ensure all safety standards and procedures will be followed by all colleagues at all times.
- Chairperson of the Health and Safety Committee. Ensure the Committee will focus on the awareness and increasing communication about health, safety and wellness in the hotel while ensuring all of the components of the Company's Health and Safety Program are in place. Ensure workplace inspections are completed in every departments, results are followed up on. Sponsor various awareness activities throughout the year.
- Ensure the General and Department Specific Safety Awareness standards and procedures are met at every level by complying with all applicable legislation and FRHI Standards.
- Implement a safety award and campaign to bring awareness throughout the Hotel.
- Ensure the hotel's Health and Safety program meets the annual audit against the standards in the Health and Safety manual and applicable legislation to ensure full compliance.
- Previous Guest Service experience preferred
- Seeking candidate with High School Degree
- Additional education in law enforcement preferred
- 2-3 year of relevant experience required
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Must have basic math skills and be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Must have intermediate computer skills
- Must have high reasoning skills including the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations. And the ability to interpret a variety of instructions in either written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Current CPR Certification and First Aid training preferred
- Must be a team player and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be detail oriented and have proven organizational skills
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Will frequently be required to use a computer, telephone, copier, fax, and radio
- Will frequently need to be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, talk or hear, and twist upper body
- Will occasionally need to climb or balance, stoop or kneel, and squat
- Will frequently need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Will occasionally need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website