Do you want to…
- Work for the #1 city hotel in Canada,
- Lead an extraordinary team,
- Elevate your career with a global luxury brand offering extensive development opportunities,
- Utilize global perks and privileges and enjoy a competitive wage?
Then you might be our next The Lobby Lounge Cocktail Bar, Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. We invite you to develop your leadership strengths as Cocktail Bar Manager, Lobby Lounge – and let your passion for guest service drive consistent guest satisfaction, an engaged team and outstanding operating results.
Hotel Overview: At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Discover Fairmont Pacific Rim - and discover Vancouver as part of our rockstar team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Director, Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:Ensure the Lobby Lounge consistently reflects the ambiance and service standards set by the leadership team.
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the entertainment programming for the lobby lounge including live music and performances.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent service by maintaining high staff morale and team spirit through active on the floor communication, training and coaching.
- Lead the restaurant by motivating, leading, coaching and monitoring the performance levels of all team and leadership members.
- Strategically develop and grow assistant managers and supervisors.
- Manage assigned F&B Manager on Duty responsibilities including being a point of contact for all outlets.
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs while maintaining floor presence.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times.
- Ensure the outlets are operating within the standards of a Forbes Five Star venue.
- Responsible to create and execute quarterly strategic plans for the Lobby Lounge.
- To contribute and focus on the daily growth of the operation through awareness and understanding of LQA, EES, Forbes, Ecosure and Fairmont Pacific Rim Standards.
- Create and implement preventative cleaning and maintenance programs.
- Work together with the culinary, restaurant managers, and stewarding team to ensure that all food service meets or exceeds guest expectations and to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture.
- Participate in service as necessary per outlet needs.
- Control stocks for daily use in the restaurant to ensure service requirements are met.
- Attend and participate in the daily Food and Beverage meetings, stand-ups and conduct daily shift briefings.
- Perform daily checks on staffing level, quality control, maintenance and cleanliness for the Lobby Lounge.
- Maintain high staff morale and team spirit within the department.
- Follow up on guest complaints and share all guest comments with the colleagues.
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by management.
- Develop training programs for the Lobby Lounge to ensure continuous growth.
- Participate in the training and coaching of new and existing team members within the Lobby Lounge as well as assisting the outlets.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels throughout the year.
- Attend pre-convention & departmental meetings as required for the Lobby Lounge Operations
- Adhere to the budgetary guidelines established for Lobby Lounge (labor, productivity, revenue, and expenses).
- Participate in the budgeting and forecasting process for The Lobby Lounge.
- Work in conjunction with the Outlet Chef, Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Director on promotions, menus, and special events.
- Create and innovate new ideas and promotions to generate revenue for The Lobby Lounge.
- 2 years Hotel Food and Beverage leadership experience required
- Previous point of sale system experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website