Adecco, in partnership with a leading national customer, is now recruiting for a Procurement Associate in the Kalamazoo, MI area.
Pay Rate: $18-$20/hr. depending on experience
The VMRD Vendor & Contract Management (VCM) team is seeking an individual that has experience: creating purchase orders (POs); working with Accounts Payable; understands complex financial coding; and is able to work with others to resolve a wide range of invoice issues with vendors. The Procurement Associate (PA) position works with other Procurement Associates, Category Sourcing Managers (CSMs) and Contract Managers (CM), as part of the Vendor & Contract Management (VCM) team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for determining appropriate payment method for spends (PO, PCard, ePay, One-Time Payment form) in support of Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research & Development (VMRD). This involves utilizing an internal PO request system to ensure all account coding, vendor information, legal agreement, and other compliance requirements are complete. Each step of the process requires interactions with others such as Project Coordinators, Contract Managers and Scientists. POs are keyed into Ariba and monitored through the approval flow. Additional responsibilities include: following up on order status and any other questions from colleagues or vendors related to POs, invoices, and payments. Works closely with Zoetis Financial Services groups in Costa Rica and Poland including Accounts Payable and the Procurement Support Center. Responsible for updating PO request through to final invoice; requesting appropriate invoice approvals; following up on missing orders; and many other procurement responsibilities.
Position must be able to handle a high volume of requests for help from colleagues in approving invoices, learning new systems, and resolving issues. Experience in ordering scientific goods and services will be beneficial.
Minimum Background and Experience:
- - 3-5 Years of Procurement and/or Accounts Payable transactional experience
- Ability to work with minimal oversight in complex environment
- Ability to handle navigation of complex system requirements and network of contacts
- Skilled in computer systems such as SAP, Ariba, or equivalent purchasing/financial systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand multiple purchasing methods and decide which is appropriate
- Top-notch customer service skills
- Must have extremely strong multi-tasking skills as well as the ability to reprioritize regularly while handling constant interruptions
Desirable Skills, education, experience, attributes:
- Ability to work well with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Ability to discern the appropriate communication type best to utilize given the situation at hand.
- Patience ,flexibility and persistence to work through complex issues with colleagues in multiple locations
The job is fulltime remote for now until site guidance changes on returning to the workplace. At that time the location will be in Kalamazoo, MI
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Apply on company website