Accounts Receivable Coordinator - Billing
Primary Location: Choose One-United States-MA
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at Adult Day Health Inc, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Mentor Adult Day Health is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Coordinator to work with centers and the billing department to ensure accurate entries and billing, resulting in successful collections of accounts receivable.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilizes automated AR software application (Avatar) to process financial eligibility, authorization, billing, cash application and denial follow-up transactions;
- Administers manual and automated documentation workflow to support Billing activities;
- Performs data entry tasks and associated audits for all Financial Eligibility and Authorizations in a timely manner;
- Audits all client transfers to confirm that Financial Eligibility and Authorizations are updated and correct;
- Performs data entry tasks and associated audits for any Client Service Fee changes in a timely manner prior to billing;
- Prepare daily, weekly, semi-monthly and/or monthly billing for clients and ensures that all tasks are completed for month-end billing. Maintains supporting documentation for all billed invoices;
- Researches, escalates and resolves any billing discrepancies. Work with payers to resolve outstanding claim processing issues;
- Maintains cash reconciliation cash grid that captures all cash deposited for the month to ensure transactions are processed appropriately;
- Processes and posts payments (manually or electronically) and sales adjustments while maintaining an appropriate level of segregation of duties. Notifies supervisor of any payment reconciliation issues;
- Addresses and resolves account credit balances on a weekly basis;
- Maintains supporting documentation (Treasury reports, payment registers, remittance advices, etc.) for all cash posting transactions;
- Researches, escalates and resolves any denied claims either identified from aged accounts reports or payer remittances. Work with payers and state offices (as needed) to resolve outstanding denied claim issues. Ensures the resolution of any collections issues for self-pay balances as needed;
- Produce, maintain and distribute daily/weekly/monthly accounts receivable reports for analysis and/or resolution. Provide periodic reporting information for state offices as needed;
- Prepares aging analysis, collections, and reconciliations of Accounts Receivable as applicable;
- Reviews documentation management system on a daily basis to process to review/address/process transactions as necessary;
- Assist with the month end process by ensuring that all transactions necessary for the given month are completed timely; and same is communicated to management; assists with the resolution of those issues that could impact the timely month-end closing;
- Identifies and processes any requests for system changes;
- Maintains accounts receivable desktop manual and reference materials;
- Ensures internal National Standards and Sarbanes Oxley compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements;
- May assist in the onboarding of new hires by acclimating colleagues to work station and office set-up procedures as well as offering shadow training on relevant job function processes;
- Supports special projects and mission critical initiatives;
- Prepares specialized reporting & analysis as required;
- Ensures that state-specific guidelines (SOPs) and monthly production calendar tasks are adhered to;
- Embraces concept mentoring by actively participating in team meetings and fostering an environment in which team members proactively collaborate with one another;
- Proactively support management, as well as, the objectives and goals of the department;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Shared Service Center Accounts Receivable Manager and/or AR Supervisor.
Apply on company website