JOB TITLE: Risk Management Specialist
Reports To: Manager, Risk Mgt
This position is responsible for making recommendations to policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace. The Risk Management Specialist will have excellent attention to detail in order to identify hazards and discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. This role will communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce. The Risk Management Specialist will ensure the workplace meets all legal requirements and actively supports occupational health and safety.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Make recommendations on the safety and risk policies and procedures with a focus on OSHA compliance and required trainings, loss prevention throughout the organization and general safety.
• Ensure that all facilities are in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local safety regulations.
• Work directly with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Perform annual on-site inspections of practices as assigned.
• Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
• Monitor compliance to policies and laws by observing employees and general operations.
• Regularly review inspection reports of equipment and machinery to evaluate and provide recommendations for a safe work environment.
• Investigate accidents or incidents related to employee health and safety.
• Investigate adverse events related to patient safety.
• Maintain, input and track data in risk management systems.
• Assess risks to business operations by carefully reviewing past incidents, compiling adverse event data, and effectively analyzing trends.
• Gather risk related data from internal or external resources.
• Devise systems and processes to monitor validity of risk modeling outputs. These systems may include, but are not limited to: development of internal safety audit tools or analysis of actual events versus expected goals
• Facilitate and lead internal safety team meetings.
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in safety management, nursing or relevant field is preferred.
• 3 years of experience in an occupational health and safety related role. Healthcare environment preferred.
• High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic.
• Commitment to service excellence.
• Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow through.
• Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
• Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of supporting a team to achieve successful results.
• Maintains confidentiality discretion.
• Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives.
• Willing to grow and be challenged.
• Knowledge and efficiency in Microsoft Office products to include intermediate skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Abilitiy to identify trends and patterns related to safety and risk management.
• Requires the effective use of all office equipment including, but not limited to, telephone, computers, printers, and fax machines.
• Ability to travel to practice locations as needed. Use of personal car may be required.
• Ability to travel up to 50%. Frequent overnight, including business meetings, required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
• Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal compute).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Ability to work primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
• Abilty to travel frequently
Apply on company website