We are seeking aPart TimeOB Hospitalist to provide on-site, dedicated physician coverage for obstetric patients at Aurora Sinai Medical Center, a very busy Obstetrical unit in Wisconsin with about 2,700 deliveries per year.
Aurora Sinai Medical Center features downtown Milwaukees largest midwifery practice, the only Level III neonatal intensive care unit in Milwaukee, and home to specialists in high-risk pregnancy care, gynecological surgery, pelvic floor therapy, and a dedicated fibroid clinic and Sexual Assault Treatment Center.
Part Time hours of (12) 12-hr shifts per month
- Provide first response to OB urgent situations; manage unexpected obstetrical emergencies such as a obstetrical hemorrhage, prolapsed cord, shoulder dystocia, cesarean hysterectomies and operative deliveries until such time the patients attending arrives, or through the course of care as required.
- Provide coverage for laboring patients as requested by the attending clinician if the attending clinician is unavailable, cannot get to the hospital, is in the middle of busy office hours, or has scheduled operative cases
- Staff the OB Emergency Department in accordance with hospital guidelines
- Review all patients on labor and delivery with L&D charge nurse; maintain awareness of status, including labor progress, fetal well-being, and complications of all L&D patients
- Ensure accurate patient handoffs, updates on progress, and clear follow-up plan between OB hospitalists and attending clinicians, patients, nurses, and other health care providers
- Provide first response to emergencies on the postpartum unit
- Serve as the accepting and admitting physician for transfers of OB patients from other hospitals through the Tertiary Access Program (TAP)
- Serve as the admitting team for an unassigned (no doc) OB patients
- Work collaboratively with the patients attending clinicians, residents (when present), maternal fetal medicine physicians, other consultants and nursing staff regarding patients plan of care and treatment.
- Act as surgical assist for c-sections and cesarean hysterectomies to attending ob/gyn physicians upon request and as availability allows accounting for prioritization of duties to care for the most emergent patients.
- Collaborate with all members of the patients care team including the patients primary obstetric care provider
- Participate in simulations and drills
About Milwaukee, WI
Wisconsins largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything youd expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums including an internationally designed lakefront art museum to one of the nations top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and user-friendly international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Healths combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether youre looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, its important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.
Apply on company website