About the location
Alcoa's U.S. portfolio includes Alcoa's corporate headquarters (ACC), Alcoa's Technology Center (ATC), four smelters, hydroelectric power and a calcined coke plant. Alcoa “Warrick” based in Newburgh, Indiana just outside of Evansville, IN has been present in the lives of many families in our community for over 60 years. We've grown and we've matured together. Now we are looking for our next generation of leaders to guide us into the future.You can be one of them! Join us and get ready to experience endless opportunities!
About the job
Responsible for ensuring that the site has consistent and value-added industrial hygiene programs and processes to protect employee health by anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and controlling occupational health hazards. This position is responsible for key occupational hygiene activities within the site and ensures that appropriate documentation exists that supports health and Industrial Hygiene Standards and programs.
Major activities/Key challenges
• Uses Alcoa's IH systems (Alcoa IH, SDS vendor system, SDS Alcoa system, etc.).
• Develops and maintain comprehensive IH management programs (respiratory protection, exposure assessment and control strategies, ergonomics, hearing conservation, hazard communication, radiation, new material review, hazardous materials management).
• Follows and implement Alcoa Health Standards requirements.
• Ensures respect and implementation of all Industrial hygiene related regulatory requirements.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
• Effective collaboration with multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
• Working knowledge of common business software tools.
• Familiarity with basic EHS principles.
• Competencies in critical thinking, professionalism, communication, customer orientation, initiative, judgment, attention to detail.
• Industrial hygiene principles and practices, including hazardous materials management, qualitative and quantitative exposure assessment, sampling and analytical testing methodologies, respiratory protection, hearing conservation, radiation control, asbestos management, ergonomics, and health hazard controls.
• Knowledge of State and Federal H&S regulations.
• EHS personnel, Site Medical service personnel, location leadership.
• Corporate/NA IH Manager, Global Health Director.
• HR and legal personnel.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people, lead with courage – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success we desire the following background:
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety, Chemistry or related field
• 2 Years of experience in Industrial Hygiene.
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
• 5+ Years of Industrial Hygiene Experience in heavy industry.
• Strong analytical skills.
• A strong commitment to excellence.
• Industrial Hygiene knowledge and experience in manufacturing environments. • Strong communication skills.
• Ideally Certified Industrial Hygienist by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene or interested in obtaining the certification.
To support our teams and their families beyond the workplace, Alcoa provides an outstanding benefits package effective day one of employment! In addition to medical benefits, we offer employee resource group opportunities, 401K options and a first-rate vacation plan for valuable work-life balance.
We are values led, vision driven and united by our purpose of transforming raw potential into real progress. Our commitments to Inclusion, Diversity & Equity include providing trusting workplaces that are safe, respectful and inclusive of all individuals, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment and that our workplaces reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
As a proud equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer, Alcoa is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of a person's gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, nation of origin, disability, veteran status, language spoken or any other characteristic or status protected by the laws or regulations in the places where we operate.
If you have visited our website in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Alcoa Recruiting via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a place where you are empowered to do your best work, be your authentic self, and feel a true sense of belonging. Come join us!
Apply on company website