Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
Job Description: Assemble the rod to the carbon block and deliver them to the Potroom. The spent anodes come back to Anode Assembly for recycling of the spent material to the Green Mill. Rods may be refurbished to be used again.
Essential Function of the Job: Operate in-line caster, electric induction furnaces and other allied equipment for preparing and pouring molten cast iron into anode cavity, as well as, dig, repair, reline and bake-in pouring ladle and furnace liners.
Duties and Working Procedure:
- Monitor and maintain wet and dry cooling system for furnaces
- Determine correct cast iron composition and charge weights for each heat
- Operate in-line caster and pouring ladles, induction furnaces, pig and cast iron handling system
- Responsible for maintaining databases of operating information and history of furnaces, production, samples
- Make determination on furnace dig schedule and ladle dig schedule, dig, repair, re-line and bake to specification
- Maintain rod marking system standards
- Collect and analyze samples to monitor furnaces and composition targets
- Inventory and order operating supplies
- Troubleshoot all equipment
- Operate industrial vehicles and vacuums in the performance of related duties
- Use S.P.C. tools, including PC-based systems to keep equipment and process in control and capable
- Calculate Potroom carbon requirements
- Monitor and control hot block flow from building 260 to prevent conveyor damage
Apply on company website