Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
We're looking for a Power Engineer to join Alcoa Warrick's team and you might be the perfect fit for this position! Our Warrick Operations is one of the largest aluminum smelting and fabricating facilities in the world. This specific role will be responsible for the safety, maintenance, troubleshooting and continuous improvement of all Warrick Power Plant electrical systems. Are you ready to join us?
Our key activities are:
- Support and direct electrical system capital improvement projects;
- Coordinate high voltage and switchyard activities with Operations and Maintenance Departments.
- Manage NERC compliance maintenance and testing programs.
- Continually maintain the general health and evaluate/implement modifications of all low to high voltage systems including associated relaying and metering as the need arises by Operations and regulatory commissions.
- Develop scopes of work and safe job plans.
- Lead and direct contractors, engineers, electricians, and other plant staff.
- Lead and/or participate in plant Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) processes to ensure corrective actions, repairs and modifications are appropriate and timely in their execution.
- Develop and or review the Planned Maintenance (PM) activities on low-high voltage and switchyard systems to ensure all PMs are accurately aligned with the Reliability Centered Maintenance philosophy
- Work with and train Electrical Maintenance Personnel in the most reliable, safe and efficient methods of high voltage and switchyard maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintain all records/history on repairs and maintenance equipment, develop and deliver studies, reports and presentations.
- Develop and manage budgets, drive cost improvement efforts, prioritize on an ongoing basis
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success we desire the following background:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- BSEE / BSEET knowledge.
- 2-4 years' experience in a power generation or transmission environment working with medium and high voltage electrical components and switchyard gear.
- BSEE with 5-10 years' experience in a power plant environment working with low - high voltage systems is preferred.
To support our teams and their families beyond the workplace, Alcoa provides an outstanding benefits package effective day one of employment! In addition to medical benefits, we offer structured work-from-home programs, employee resource group opportunities, 401K options and a first-rate vacation plan for valuable work-life balance.
Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences. Alcoa is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Apply on company website