Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate. Welcome to Alcoa! Alcoa is currently in search of a Maintenance Technical Assistant to join our Warrick Operations (Newburgh, IN) team. This position is responsible for executing reliability-based tasks such as preventative maintenance, breakdown repairs, and product changeover setup. Assist shift leaders with resolving production line and support equipment reliability issues. Documenting and communicating maintenance activities through the use of our web-based maintenance system. At Alcoa, we are strongly committed to expanding inclusion, equity and diversity – how we hire, develop and inspire our diverse team members that reflects and relates to the increasingly multicultural community. Alcoa's values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role you will:
- Participate in product changeovers, preventative maintenance, and repairs.
- Provide technical assistance in investigating equipment issues, develop necessary materials list and labor requirements.
- Identify potential machine, system and component failures.
- Find opportunities for process or manufacturing improvements.
- Document and communicate activities through the use of maintenance systems and SAP work orders.
- Assist in the training of operators and other plant team members in Good Maintenance Practices.
- Assist with maintaining inventory for all molds/change parts and spare parts.
- Assist with the maintenance and preparation of molds and tooling.
- Accurately tag defective parts that have been removed because of damage or use; initiate the rebuilding or repair of such parts as vital.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the maintenance work areas.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO Standards.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred, or equivalent work experience. High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairs of automated production equipment, material handling systems, and auxiliary support equipment.
- Qualified to perform basic diagnostics and repairs.
- Familiarity with PLC, robotics, and servo controls is a plus.
Apply on company website