Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate. Primary Purpose of the Function
- Improve the financial position of Warrick Operations by improving the reliability and cost to maintain assets.
- Strategic focus on equipment to find repeat failures and eliminate the issues to root cause.
- Optimize maintenance strategies and programs by incorporating predictive technologies. (Vibration, Infrared, MCA, Ultrasound, etc.)
- Position will partner with Electrical / Mechanical Reliability Lead (Peers) and Reliability Group Lead (direct Supervisor) to deliver business results.
- Identify long term opportunities for improvement through an evaluation on equipment reliability.
- Analyze OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) data collected by Operations; use data to pareto and help establish priorities identifying and target equipment bad-actors
- Analyze equipment CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) performance data and equipment history to identity repetitive and/or costly failure occurrences.
- Identify and develop strategies to eliminate repetitive and major failures.
- Apply sophisticated reliability-based tools and processes to investigate Root Cause (RCA) equipment failures and provide recommendations for elimination, ensuring corrective actions are linked back to equipment strategies.
- Lead and facilitate Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) for critical equipment, identifying specific failure modes and corrective actions.
- Define, develop (PMO) PM Optimization & Predictive (PdM) maintenance strategies / technologies / quality / frequency to provide the most efficient outcome for the business.
- Lead Equipment Reliability Teams (ERT), and targeted Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) teams.
- Review and optimize lubrication requirements, methods and frequencies.
- Identify knowledge gaps and act as a translator/trainer between business (availability, MTBF, Downtime, Utilization, Root Causes, etc) and the language of the shop floor to both operations and maintenance.
- "Champion" equipment/maintenance/failure data collection and recording standardization and integrity in the CMMS and appropriate systems.
- Track cost savings on equipment and prepare single point lessons on savings to educate management on the value of the program.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering, technical discipline or equivalent experience with significant focus delivering improvements in
- Deep understanding and ability to quickly comprehend electrical and mechanical systems and failure modes.
- Proven problem solving using data.
- Passion to learn and improve.
- Effective team leader and team member that energizes others.
- Ability in influence business leaders, peers, and team members professionally with data, logic and presentation skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
- 3 years of heavy industry experience
- Strong software skills. (MS Office, Creating document templates, Creating Excel sheets with special formatting/tables, importing data/results, etc.)
Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences. Alcoa is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on company website