Just as aluminum is the element of possibility, so too, are our current and future employees. We relentlessly pursue outstanding and sustainable results and creatively transform ideas into value. At Alcoa you can quickly make your mark, impact your world and grow your career. Alcoa is a truly global company with many locations worldwide. The majority of our hiring takes place in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Iceland, Hungary, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, and the United States. While some roles are based on-site, Alcoa also offers a flexible working model for certain positions. Come learn what's possible for you!
About the job
About the opportunity
Our Asset Management team has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified Reliability Excellence (REX) Manager to support and lead Alcoa's journey in extending plant life, optimising the safety and performance, and improvement of equipment reliability across the global asset portfolio.
Reporting to the Global Reliability Manager – Asset Management, you will be accountable for managing the implementation of all aspects of the global standard REX program in the Europe region and supporting our locations by working closely with plant leadership to implement and standardise new technologies, effective management systems, and process improvements.
In addition, you will play a key part in supporting our operations by:
- Providing subject matter expertise on asset performance, reliability management and optimisation, work execution and materials management whilst ensuring that all projects deliver on all aspects of our REX program.
- Identifying and implementing safe and cost-effective maintenance strategies and systems of work.
- Building and maintaining productive and collaborative working relationships between key location and Alcoa's Continuous Improvement Centre of Excellence stakeholders.
- Developing training materials and supporting key reliability personnel that have an influence on asset management to ensure standards are being implemented.
- Provide and deploy best practice reliability frameworks, measures, tools and systems to support optimising asset management and performance across all locations.
The role location preference is Alcoa Lista Location (Norway) however flexible options exists to be based in Mosjoen (Norway) or Fjardaal (Iceland)
To play a part in our ongoing success we are seeking someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical preferred but others considered).
- Broad operational experience in heavy industry (smelting preferred) within a leadership capacity.
- Demonstrated capability to influence multiple stakeholders and deploy strategic reliability initiatives.
- An Analytical and open-mind, with strong detail orientation and a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Asset management expertise in asset integrity, software and applications, materials management, and related areas.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do.
At Alcoa we strive to create an inclusive workplace where employees can bring their whole selves to work regardless of their background. We know it starts and finishes with you, which is why our value ‘care for people' is so important to us. It ensures not only your physical safety but also provides an inclusive and welcoming workplace for people from all walks of life, encouraging diversity of thought from each and every person.
We embrace change, new ideas and promote a culture of respect and equal opportunity. Our employment programs, underpinned by diversity and equality, continue to be recognized and rewarded. We encourage applications from diverse and minority groups, women and LGBTIQ+ job seekers.
As an Alcoa employee, you will embark on growth opportunities and can truly make a difference being part of an organisation that respects and considers flexibility whilst empowering you with stimulating and challenging work.
Flexible work arrangements may be considered, please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
Apply on company website