Just as aluminum is the element of possibility, so too, are our current and future employees. We relentlessly pursue outstanding and sustainable results and creatively transform ideas into value. At Alcoa you can quickly make your mark, impact your world and grow your career. Alcoa is a truly global company with many locations worldwide. The majority of our hiring takes place in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Iceland, Hungary, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, and the United States. While some roles are based on-site, Alcoa also offers a flexible working model for certain positions. Come learn what's possible for you!
About the job
You will provide valuable market assessments for our global Refining Commodity market, which will be used to develop Alcoa Procurement's sourcing strategies and help to guide critical business decisions. This position has direct accountability to develop commercially relevant market intelligence in support of our global objectives.
Major activities/Key accountabilities
- Support Alcoa's Refining procurement group by providing in-depth market assessments for key raw materials.
- Develop price and forecasting models by working closely with commodity managers and external market analysts in the refining commodity markets.
- Rationalize market publication data sets to establish a standalone Alcoa viewpoint.
- Develop Supply/Demand models to help capture all impacts from global market dynamics.
- Maintain and develop relationships with publications and suppliers for key commodities to maintain a balanced viewpoint of the markets.
- Attend conferences as required and meet with major suppliers to ensure Alcoa is up to date on current market dynamics.
- Understand and provide updates on global policies/restrictions/tariffs that could impact key raw materials.
- Lead commodity team meetings to exchange market information in time and efficiently.
- Maintain frequent discussion with procurement managers and Sourcing Teams on market updates and strategic sourcing activities.
- Work closely with internal resources to understand and communicate impacts from end use market (alumina).
- Employ and articulate the global market perspective in the supply base and competitors to influence internal partners to consider changes in the way we manage our supply chain portfolio - from sourcing to utilization
- Develop and deliver presentations to DM team and company leaders for Refining Commodity markets.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success we desire the following background:
- Demonstrated ability in market analysis/intelligence, financial analysis, or procurement
- Bachelor's degree (required) in Business or technical field
To support our teams and their families beyond the workplace, we provide an outstanding benefits package effective day one of employment! In addition to medical benefits, we offer structured work-from-home programs, employee resource group opportunities, 401K options and a first-rate vacation plan for valuable work-life balance.
Alcoa encourages applications from women, a diverse group of backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences. Alcoa is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Apply on company website