Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate. The Site Capital Project Engineer has overall accountability of the site's capital projects portfolio planning and execution. The position is responsible for the delivery of quality engineering outcomes within Alcoa's capital program for site projects through active team participation and management for capital delivery. The position is also responsible for the application of standards and process related to capital projects. The role has accountability for the delivery of FEL1 and FEL2 stages and has responsibility for the overview of the FEL3 and Execution phases in a fit and timely manner. To achieve this, the role must lead a team of specialists, including project managers, project engineers, engineering consultants, to deliver: Portfolio management
- Deliver 1,3 & 10 year plans with LOCATION lead team alignment and approval
- Report expenditures progress and monthly forecast
- Lead GCMS (Global Capital Management System)
- Include corporate priority lists and reviews through the location plans
- Responsible for the team assignment, work release and strategy definition to align with spending plans
- Accountable for LOCATION capex portfolio management performance indicators (KPI) results, as, and not limited to, plan completion, readiness, %EPCM,…
- Ensure that tasks related to FEL1 & FEL2 are Alcoa led with the involvement of the right partners
- Verify that the problem/opportunity is in line with the plant business plan and validate data to support business case
- Supported by the plant lead team, responsible to push problem/opportunity into FEL2 stage or stop the studies
- Handle the engineering options to be considered
- Take accountability of projects final option selection
- Ensure that the project teams deliver safe, timely, cost effective, technically sound, maintainable and operable design which will meet the project business case and scope.
- Involve SME (Subject Matter Expert) and procurement team in a timely manner
- Approve ESP (Engineering services providers) expenditure, progress and work
- Ensure the Engineering Reviews action plan is considered and followed
- Approve projects estimates and schedules
- Oversee approval process (Request for Approval)
- Lead the changes through project execution
- Run the PPR (Post project review) process
- Lead all aspects of and support project team in the identification of hazards and risks in design phases using appropriate tools.
- Resolve appropriate EHS supervision level on every project
- Focus on reduction of capital and the deployment of an optimal project scope.
- Maximise the value from the ESP by proper definition of engineering work required to define solution by project phase.
- Supervise and support project team in the external approvals including liaison with site Environmental and Health & Safety teams and the preparation of supporting information as required.
- Coordinate and support the project team with the verification of closeout project information as required under the terms of the statutory approvals to insure completion in a timely manner.
- Connect with North America/Global Capital team and Plant Management
- Accountable for site capital engineering team development
- Accountable for site capital engineering team resourcing and performance
- Ensure the quality of project execution and engineering works
- Ensure the project documentation quality control and managing project drawings and projects information are as per Alcoa Engineering Standard requests for future references.
Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of a diverse group of backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences! We believe that embracing differences builds the best work teams. Alcoa is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on company website