Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.
Payroll Manager - Temporary
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for managing the Payroll staff and ensuring the day-to-day functions of the department are maintained and completed in a timely manner, while ensuring the team consistently takes a customer-focused approach with all activities. Oversees Payroll staff in day-to-day functions of the department (including pre-processing, calculating and post-processing activities), providing guidance and support as needed. Specific supervisory duties also include employee coaching, training, hiring, counseling/discipline, and performance assessment processes. Serves as a role model and resource to colleagues, staff and others. Appropriately educates, cross trains and mentors staff. Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, local law and organization policies and standards.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Ensures the day-to-day operations of the department are maintained and completed in a timely manner in accordance with departmental policies and applicable federal, state, and local laws. Oversees all payroll processing functions, including, but not limited to: managing payroll preparation, calculation, auditing, costing, reporting, reconciliations and maintaining payroll records, as well as assisting both Human Resources and Accounting when necessary. Manages Payroll staff in day-to-day functions of the department providing guidance and support as needed. Provides support to Sr. Director, Payroll to ensure management coverage is available for all hospital(s) and clinic(s). Demonstrates problem-solving, critical thinking, and prioritization of work to resolve issues as they arise in an appropriate and timely manner. Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems, and directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data. Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments. Balances payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Management and oversight of Oracle payroll system, including data integrity and system updates. Significant involvement in administration of Oracle HCM payroll system. Lead the identification and development of best practices within the Payroll Department by identifying opportunities to leverage systems and/or enhance processes.
- Provides effective oversight and guidance of staff and operations, including audits of activities and documentation. Appropriately educates and mentors, and leads/participates in company initiatives, such as employee engagement, to support a team oriented culture. Acts as a coach and positive role model for staff by establishing and maintaining a safe work environment that fosters positive morale.
- Appropriately monitors and addresses performance issues, applying corrective or disciplinary action when needed. Effectively manages staff in compliance with all established policies, procedures and legal guidelines.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability and nontaxable wages.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Seven (7) years of Payroll experience with a minimum of two (2) years in a leadership/supervisory role required. Prior Cloud platform experience required. Minimum of two (2) years using Oracle Cloud HCM Payroll. Proficiency in MS Office with knowledge of Excel. Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks. Proactive and timely problem solver. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to multitask and maintain a work pace appropriate to workload. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/
Keywords: Acute Care Hospital, Payroll, Compensation, Comp, General Accounting, Finance, Accounts, PaymentPosition Summary
Employment Status: Temporary Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Address: Orange - 600 City Parkway West, Suite 800
Apply on company website