Information About this Position
- No Weekends
- No Holidays
- No Calls Requirement
- 36 hours a week
Company and Job Overview
Since 1937, Alton Memorial Hospital has cared for residents in Alton, Illinois, and the surrounding communities in a five-county area. Starting as a land gift to the community from the Smith family, Alton Memorial today is a full-service acute care hospital. Alton Memorial offers patients a variety of inpatient and outpatient services, including surgery services, medical imaging, interventional and diagnostic heart services, cancer care, rehabilitation, 24-hour emergency care, ambulance services and more.
Performs a variety of neurologic testing including EEG and EMG, as well as delegated administrative duties.
- Performs neurodiagnostic testing.
- Evaluates testing delivered and intervenes appropriately to ensure optimal patient outcome.
- Trains and monitors other care givers providing testing in the neurology department.
- Answers physician inquiries and assists physician offices. Notifies interpreting physician of any unusual or pertinent clinical findings.
- Communicates with appropriate members of the healthcare team to modify plan of care when appropriate.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- <2 years of experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website