What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Advanced Packaging FEA Engineer (97842)
As part of the Advanced Technology Packaging team you will help design the next generation of high performance IC products, and discover solutions to manufacturing and reliability issues using FEA tools to model IC packaging architectures.
- Experience creating Finite Elemental Models (FEM) and applying Finite Elemental Analysis (FEA) to analyze thermo-mechanical properties of structures using ANSYS or similar tools.
- Knowledge of IC packaging architectures and materials is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with global team.
- Strong drive for innovation and pathfinding.
- Setup and maintain hardware/software environment for modeling.
- Create and analyze FEM to address concerns raised by AMD engineering teams.
- Perform thermal-mechanical simulation to analyze IC packaging warpage, stress analysis, solder joint reliability, and simulate manufacturing processes.
- Validate models through correlation with empirical measurement.
- Summarize your analysis and communicate through presentations to AMD, suppliers, and customers.
- Open to a "future or recent" graduate with ability to demonstrate proficiency with FEA tools and concepts. Knowledge of semiconductor packaging and materials highly preferred.
- Masters or Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science or related engineering field.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 97842
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Packaging Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website