What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
As a member of AMD's Advanced Technology Packaging team, you will help AMD design thenext generation of high performance IC products with advanced thermal solutions that address next-gen, high performance computing challenges.The Person
- Experience in design, process development, and qualification of semiconductor package thermal solutions.
- Understanding of metal and polymer based Thermal Interface Materials (TIM) and methods of manufacturing into semiconductor products.
- Current familiarity with industry supplier roadmaps for advanced TIM and heat spreader solutions.
- Experience working with suppliers of lid, heat sink, vapor chamber, and other system thermal solutions.
- Knowledge to create and apply thermal simulation tools (e.g. FloTHERM, Icepak) to predict thermal performance of IC package architectures.
- Work with manufacturing partners to develop and qualify integrated thermal solutions into AMD products.
- Manage supplier technology roadmaps (TIM, heat spreaders, etc.) and work with AMD packaging team to identify and evaluate new opportunities to improve thermal performance.
- Create and analyze thermal models to assess package thermal performance. Validate models through correlation with empirical measurements.
- Communicate strategy, status, and project summary to AMD and supplier teams.
- The candidate should have experience designing and qualifying advanced thermal solutions for flip chip products, including heat spreader and TIM.
- Experience with process and application of metal TIM solutions (e.g. Indium) is preferred.
- Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science or related engineering field.
- Masters with 5+ years of industry experience.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 97841
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Packaging Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website