What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Title : Analog IP Validation Test Engineer
The Role :
AMD is seeking for a talented and experienced Analog Test Engineer to work in AMD's Markham lab to characterize analog circuits.
The Person :
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must innovate on lab procedures and techniques
- Candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills in order to work well with peers in Toronto and other AMD sites.
- Characterize and validate mixed-signal IP circuits for various leading edge Si technologies. IPs include PLL, DP, PCIe, SATA, USB, DDR2/3/5, MIPI, and others
- Help automate laboratory tests through computer control/software development
- Develop characterization plans for IPs to be characterized
- Execute characterization, collect & analyze data, and prepare final report
- Prepare execution schedule and publish regular updates to design engineers
- Work closely with design teams on DFT (Design For Test) and characterization techniques
- Drive IP quality upstream
- Guide Engineers and Technologists on execution of characterization plans
- Work with equipment vendors to understand leading edge measurement techniques
- Continually innovate more efficient test techniques to save on cost and time
Preferred Skilled Sets :
- Strong knowledge of analog circuits, RF, and signal integrity principles
- Experienced with using test equipment such as Scopes, Function Generators, Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.
- Good understanding of semiconductor device specification and parameters
- Familiarity with PC architecture
- Familiarity with board level design and manufacturing
Education : Advanced degree in Engineering
Requisition Number: 82761
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website