What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
ARCHITECTURE MODELING SOFTWARE ENGINEER - GRAPHICS
We are looking for engineers who are motivated to challenge the status quo. If you are passionate about building the next generation GPU shader core, our team is on the lookout for you! You will be part of a fast-paced GPU shader design team of engineers of varied subject areas who are responsible for micro-architecting, crafting and delivering GPU shader IP for various products. Since we are the heart of GPU engine, we strive to challenge ourselves in beating area, power and performance targets.
No idea is too small; we encourage every initiative that makes our product better!
You will work on the sub-block inside programmable engine aka shader core of the GPU. The shader core plays a key role in running applications program, feeding and consuming the data to/from GPU shader resources and computing mathematical operations. Collaborate with software, architect, micro-architect and logic design team members to define and seek “how to efficiently be responsible for an application program with the least number of instructions and data transfer while consuming the least amount of power”.
You are an “out of the box” problem solver, motivated to absorb dynamic changes and thirsty to keep innovating.
- Model sophisticated design blocks in the GPU Architecture Model using C++.
- Collaborate with architects to develop new architectural features and implement in the Architecture Model.
- Debug Architecture Model to RTL behavior differences.
- Maintain Architectural Model to continually improve run-time reduction and code quality.
- Support infrastructure tools for GPU shader code generation and analysis.
- Experience with C++ and other programming languages.
- Understanding of object-oriented software engineering and maintenance.
- Requires very strong understanding of computer architecture.
- Experience debugging sophisticated system issues.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a cross-site team environment.
Bachelors or master's in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Preferred location is Santa Clara; remote work with occasional travel to our Santa Clara office will be considered
Requisition Number: 84981
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website