What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Infrastructure Development Manager- 105942
AMD is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions. AMD designs and develops cutting-edge computer and graphics processing technology that is used throughout the world in business, enterprise, and consumer markets.
As the Automation Development Manager, you will manage a team of internal developers and external contractors to develop system level automation to collect power, performance, and stability metrics critical for the success of AMD's products. As the leader of this team you will be responsible for understanding the needs of the business and synthesizing those needs into software requirements and execution plan.
- Senior software development manager
- Strong focus on quality
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, planning, and technical leadership skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced technical organization and multi-site environment
- Understand business goals, develop software requirements, drive execution of requirements
- Manage team of internal and remote contracted developers
- Develop and manage schedules for software delivery
- Provide technical guidance to the team
- System level automation, benchmarking and system performance analysis
- Agile development methodologies; preferably with Kanban
- DevOps Experience: Reviews, Static Analysis, Functional Test, CI, promotion, and continuous deployment should all be “old hat” concepts
- Basic understanding of a computer system, i.e. power-on & boot processes, OS's, sub-modules on a platform (processor, memory, storage, motherboard, etc.)
- Operating Systems: Windows10/11, Linux, ChromeOS, MacOS, virtualization software (VMware, Xen, et al)
- Languages - .Net, Java, C#, Perl, Python, XML, SQL, JSON, etc.
- Databases – relational, blob, intermediate stateless data stores
- Analysis Tools – PowerBI, Sigma, Excel, etc.
- Process Flow – GitHub, Jenkins, nifi, ETL in general, etc.
- BS or Master's degree in Computer Science
Full Relocation and Outstanding Employee Medical Benefits!
Requisition Number: 105942
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website