What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Chief of Staff (Director / Senior Manager - Program Management)
The role is the Chief of Staff for Corporate Vice President, Silicon Design Engineering & Country Head, India
In this highly impactful role, you will lead daily operations and serve as a focal point for communication and interaction within the executive management team. The CoS acts as a trusted advisor to the Corporate Vice President and her direct staff.
- Support Country Head with both org level and India level initiatives focused on productivity improvements, resource management and employee engagement.
- Effective in problem solving ability, passion to make a difference in the organization and who can take the ideas and convert them to reality.
- Plan and manage budget, including capital expenditures and operational expenditures and headcount, lead all aspects of financial review/approval flows, govern resource planning, from both a strategic as well as a tactical planning perspective
- Effectively work across functional teams for overall strategy planning, program planning and management to support strategic goals
- Enable a culture of innovation
- Develop effective partnerships and work collaboratively with key business partners (HR, Finance, Legal, etc.)
- In partnership with Communications and HR, develop and influence internal and external communications
- Lead workforce capacity and capability development including workforce planning, resource management, skill gap analysis and skill inventory, and technical development
- Coordinate bi-weekly staff meeting and operational meetings; maintain a calendar of events (internal, customer, partner)
- Prepare presentations for key internal executive, customer and partner, and public meetings and events.
- Overall 20+ years' experience
- Proven technical team/project and program leadership success;
- Experience in the hi-tech industry
- Proactive and execution focused;
- Skilled in developing and sustaining positive interpersonal relationships;
- A track record of creativity and innovation in solutions;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Action and results-orientation with the ability to make decisions quickly;
- High level of proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and in data manipulation, analysis and presentation.
- Undergraduate degree (science or engineering preferred)
- MBA from top b-schools highly desirable
Requisition Number: 102322
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Karnataka City: Bangalore
Job Function: Other Engineering
Apply on company website