What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Client Software Product Manager
AMD is searching for a Client Software Product Manager to define and drive the software strategy for AMD desktop and mobile processors to match the evolving needs of the market.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for the development of new software technologies and features in support of AMD desktop and mobile processors. This is a fast paced and emerging business, successful candidates will be able to move and adapt quickly to changing needs, lead multiple initiatives, engage at all levels both inside AMD and with partners, and have a proven track record of developing products from the ground up. The successful candidate will be seeking and passionate about bringing new solutions to market through a sophisticated ecosystem.
- Be an innovator in SW product, features, and challenge the status quo of traditional products.
- Analyze and evaluate complementary and competitive SW products and features, technologies and, solutions.
- Be the voice of the end-users and partners to cross functional SW development teams within AMD.
- Strong product sense to scope business requirements.
- Define SW product requirements, specs and use-cases.
- Help develop messaging and marketing activities appropriate to the value proposition of the product.
- Be in charge for the SW product lifecycle from idea to development to launch, updates/refresh on AMD.COM, to obsolescence.
- Prior experience (5+ years) working in cross-functional teams, ideally in software solution product management and marketing.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and critical thinking skills. A drive for results and a history of successful execution on projects.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science preferred, MBA highly desirable
Requisition Number: 79231
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Business Marketing
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website