What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Server Customer Performance and Applications Engineer
AMD is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of digital experiences with its EPYC Roadmap, Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) which power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. If you have a passion for excellence and a drive to achieve, you belong at AMD. Our employees, AMDer's as we like to call them, work hard, have fun, and thrive on success. We meet the challenges of an evolving marketplace by staying true to our corporate values, including an unwavering respect for individuals and a focus on retaining superior employees.
AMD's environment is fast paced, results oriented and built upon a legion of forward-thinking people with a passion for winning technology. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in an outstanding company like AMD - Join us!
AMD is looking for a highly talented Customer Performance and Applications Engineer to join our Datacenter Customer Engineering team to help key customers develop world-class products around EPYC processors. In this role you will be responsible for working closely with key customers, field application teams, and internal stakeholders to ensure that our customers can seamlessly adopt AMD silicon solutions into their product portfolios. You will work closely with top technology companies delivering breakthrough products in the cloud, enterprise, and HPC. This requires strong technical capability, broad and deep knowledge of server technologies, and highly effective communication skills to keep our customers moving seamlessly through the product lifecycle from concept to mass production. You must have strong performance tuning/analysis capabilities and a solid track record of engineering results in both product development and customer-facing capacities. In this role you will work seamlessly across internal development teams and our customers during critical issue escalations and drive issues to closure in time to meet key product milestones.
- Strong knowledge of server system architecture and design including CPU cores, memory technologies, scalable interconnects, and quality-of-service.
- Proven track record of working with top technology companies to jointly engineer best-in-class products based on new SoCs/CPUs/chipsets.
- Ability to break complex workload/system performance problems down into manageable pieces and drive resolution through design of experiments and data-driven decisions.
- Experience in performing and reviewing micro-benchmarking, workload characterization, bottleneck identification, and optimization
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility with counterparts at top technology companies, communicate technical results clearly and accurately, and drive issues to successful closure.
- Experience working seamlessly across engineering disciplines and geographies to deliver excellent results.
- Experience developing and delivering customer communications to bring clarity to complex situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication capability with ability to adjust communications to the target audience
- 5+ years of customer-facing engineering work on server products.
- Computer workload analysis
- Programming skills in scripting (Python or similar)
Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with extensive experience.
Austin, Texas or Bellevue, Washington
Requisition Number: 100362
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website