What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Title: Design Verification Staff Engineer
AMD is looking for a Staff Design Verification Engineer that is willing to take on the challenge of providing technical leadership to an IP Design Verification team. In this role you will be given an opportunity to work on the next generation technology that will be part of future AMD Microprocessors powering Gaming Consoles, Servers and Personal Computers as well as Graphics Cards and VR sets. This team is responsible for the Verification of several critical IPs as well as the integration to other subsystems and SoC. The Design and Design Verification groups within this team are also responsible for developing a balanced architecture between power consumption and performance, delivering high complexity RTL code creating advanced testbenches using cutting edge verification techniques.
- Work with high-speed, low power digital circuit designs from definition to implementation
- Verification of critical high speed, low power digital designs at IP and System level using both coverage driven random and directed testing techniques as well as Formal verification.
- Own some or all aspects of the verification flow from initial test planning to coverage convergence and sign-off closure of an IP, and aspects of system level interoperability while providing technical leadership to the team.
- Building testbench components as well as developing test and sequence libraries, by applying Objected Oriented Programming Verification techniques following UVM methodology.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Strong background in ASIC Design Flow
- Expertise in Design Verification
- Proficient in Verilog, C++ and System Verilog
- Extensive experience verifying complex designs using UVM, OVM or VMM
- Familiarity with industry standard high-speed protocols such as PCIe, SATA, USB or Ethernet is a plus
- Experience with verification of Hardware-Firmware interaction is highly desirable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with pronounced attention to detail
- Capable of independently driving tasks and activities to completion in an organized and timely manner with excellent quality
Education: BSc, Or Masters in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Location: Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Austin
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 109563
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website