What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Director Client Channel Business Development, China
The Director Business Development will play a key leadership role within the Client Channel business unit. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining a critical understanding of the CPU and Chipset Roadmap used to attack the Channel Desktop market in China. He/she will also be responsible for analyzing the China competitive landscape and recommending plans of action that will maximize AMD's profitability and returns in that region. The Director Business Development will serve as a key communicator of China product trends, positioning, pricing, and overall product strategy for AMD executives, Account Teams, Customers, and other internal and external groups both inside and outside of China.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast paced environment, and have outstanding teamwork skills. He/she must have a passion for innovation, be comfortable defining a way forward in the face of ambiguity and scale and influence broadly.
- Drive business development activities to grow the Client Component Channel Business in China
- Create, execute, and maintain business plan for the Client Component Channel Business for China
- Create and maintain a roadmap of products, enhancements, and offerings that will lead to improved market competitiveness and ultimately market share growth in the China region.
- Accountability for accurately capturing the greater China customer requirements and translating them to product requirements.
- Responsible for enabling AMD account and Sales teams to achieve revenue and gross margin targets.
- Work closely with China account teams and technical leadership to build programs that accelerate adoption of AMD platforms, including new methods for product distribution, new customers as well as generating technical content and white papers.
- Explore new and innovative business models for growing business the China region
- Provide China market analysis and recommendations on client product roadmap and direction.
- Work closely with AMD Client product team to maximize product performance, innovation, and competitive positioning.
- Work closely with the China Marketing and Sales teams to align product strategy to appropriate markets for optimum solutions messaging
- Demonstrated experience with market analysis and technology road-mapping.
- Substantial experience in Product Marketing, Product Management or Business Development within a high-tech or PC company.
- Experience working with client products required
- Successful management of a P&L statement for a business vertical.
- Experience driving business in the Commercial System Integrator and offline markets preferred
- Strong English language skills
- Proven track record of innovation in driving new business
- Business or Technical degree required, Graduate degree desired
- This position is based in Shanghai
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Requisition Number: 79784
Country: China State: Shanghai City: Shanghai
Job Function: Corporate Development
Apply on company website