What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Microcode Design Engineer
As a Microcode Design Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to build the bridge between AMD's CPU hardware and the x86 Instruction Set Architecture. You will work in the center of an experienced, skilled, and motivated engineering team with a track record of success. As a member of the Core design team, you will work on the leading edge of processor architecture and collaborate with the Performance Modeling, Design Verification, Physical Design, and Post-Silicon Teams to make AMD's ambitious future CPU roadmap a reality.
The successful candidate will possess strong problem-solving and debugging skills; excellent communication and documentation skills; is creative, self-motivated, and able to work comfortably in a cross-site team environment. Does this describe you? If so, then join us!
- Design and implement Microcode for AMD's x86 next-generation microprocessors. This includes all aspect of design: investigation, developing algorithms, writing Microcode, creating technical documents, supporting verification and silicon enablement.
- Work across various teams at AMD supporting microcode including Architecture, Logic Design, Design Verification, Performance Modeling, and Post-Silicon Validation and Debug.
- Participate and contribute as a member of the broader AMD microcode community to develop the microcode roadmap, improve efficiency, boost performance, maintain security, and help where needed.
- Experience writing low level software such as Microcode, firmware, BIOS, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of one or more Instruction Set Architectures (ISA's). Comfortable with assembly programming.
- Development experience from clean-sheet design to product tapeout to post-silicon debug
- Track record of microarchitecture development, as demonstrated by patents, publications, product features
- Background in one or more aspects of microprocessor design: Architecture, Logic Design, Physical Design, Performance Modeling, Design Verification, etc.
- Comfort with scripting such as Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, TCL, etc..
- Post-Silicon validation or debug experience.
- Experience in reset, power-up sequences and power management is desired.
- Master's degree or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent with 4+ years experience in high-performance microprocessor design and microarchitecture
Santa Clara, CA
Requisition Number: 104762
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website