What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD's Cores Organization delivers industry leading CPU's and caches that are the foundation of AMD's server, client, and gaming business. We are looking for a microprocessor verification engineer to join this innovative team as a technical contributor. They will build their expertise as they help the team deliver cutting-edge designs in a dynamic environment. The candidate will join the team based in Fort Collins, CO.
The candidate should have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to details. We work on programs with long timelines, so self-motivation and a commitment to meeting deadlines is required. We are pushing the envelope on chip performance, so the status quo must be challenged on every program. This requires creativity and innovation, but also excellent verbal and written communication skills. We work in small teams, but we are part of a large cross-site Core's organization, so teamwork is also vital our success.
- Perform functional verification of high-speed Microprocessor designs, including development of infrastructure, directed and random test suites at behavioral RTL and gate design levels across SoC, Core and block hierarchies.
- Develop environments, infrastructure, and test plans to accommodate both full chip and stand-alone block-level verification and debug capabilities using simulation tools, debug tools and programming skills, based on in-depth understanding of the architecture and HDL/logical design of the microprocessor.
- Work with RTL design team to define verification strategy for our CPU cores, caches and system interfaces
- Participate in development of formal verification techniques.
- Measure and analyze coverage terms, address exposed weaknesses to meet design/project quality objectives.
- Programming proficiency in x86 assembly, C/C++, and Ruby languages or similar.
- Strong logic simulation competence.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of modern computer architecture, especially cache design and out of order execution
- Experience with Verilog HDL and System Verilog.
- Prior experience with verification techniques of microprocessors/ASIC designs
- BS/MS in EE, CS, CSE (or similar)
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Requisition Number: 119762
Country: United States State: Colorado City: Ft Collins
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website