WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
As a member of a highly seasoned Product Engineering team, the successful candidate will work closely with several R&D teams, internal application design teams and tier-1 customers to improve the Programmable Logic and overall SoC Partial Reconfiguration user experience and enable the next generation of designs across the UltraScale and Versal ACAP device families.
The Product Engineer position is in the Software & AI Products group and seek an experienced application engineer to focus on FPGA & ACAP design and compilation tools, ease-of-use, SW features specification, first-pass validation, documentation and key customers engagement.
- Drive or contribute to key product areas, such as design planning, partitioning, floorplanning, implementation, configuration and verification.
- Handle key customer escalations from analysis to closure, while collaborating with the Field team.
- Contribute to triaging reported issues in several Vivado product areas, such as design entry, floorplanning, programming, and help engineering address them effectively.
- Actively explore innovative methodologies, their impact on flow and design practices, with emphasis on design closure with clear messaging and DRCs, as well as productivity with the new Versal ACAP family.
- Work closely with AMD Business Units (Data Center, Wired, Wireless, Emulation & Prototyping, Test Equipment) to improve their designs, products and customer experience.
- Develop and deliver training materials on new features and methodologies.
- Stay current with and propose the internal use of industry approaches, algorithms, and practices.
- Customer Awareness: Has excellent working knowledge of RTL-based design flows and expectations.
- Product Knowledge: Has good working knowledge of the entire FPGA or ASIC design process and tool flow, with intermediate-to-advanced understanding in timing analysis and closure. Scripting experience (Tcl, Python) is desired.
- Design Enablement: Has good understanding of design methodologies for design partitioning, floorplanning and verification.
- Problem Solving: Ability to handle and solve complex system level issues.
- Technical Communication: Can simplify and communicate even the most complex subjects, making options, tradeoffs, and impact clear. Can report out to management in a concise and actionable manner.
- Able to work with several teams across sites and domains with a positive attitude under variable workloads.
- MS or equivalent work experience in Electrical Engineering or similar technology area
San Jose, Ca.
Expected to range from $136,800 to $205,200, commensurate with experience and specific skill sets
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Apply on company website