What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Title : Design Verification Engineer
The Role : A technical leader in knowing advanced computer architecture
The Person : Ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys working in fast paced environments, enjoys learning and problem solving
The NBIO organization designs new prototypes for cutting edge design challenges AMD is facing across all market segments. The Design and Design Verification groups within this team are responsible for developing a balanced architecture between power consumption and performance, delivering high quality RTL code and creating advanced test benches using cutting edge verification techniques.The NBIO organization has great diversity of talent from all over the globe and works with other teams around the world. You will learn from many senior team members while engaging and helping to shape the careers of newer engineers. This team is proud of its work and achievements and enjoys bringing on a new teammate to share in that success.
- Establishes and maintains AMD's technological leadership position in an area
- Considered technical leader across project and departmental boundariesand has a proven track record for sustained innovation.
- Is responsible for projects or processes of significant strategic or commercial importance and for project/program results
- Deals with problems requiring cutting edge approaches and champions innovation across the organization
- Makes technical decisions that have a significant impact on product families, go to market strategies and customer satisfaction
- Provides consultative direction with management
- Coaches and mentors experienced staff
- Represents AMD to the outside technical community, partners and vendors
Preferred Skill Sets & Requirements :
- ASIC design/verification/Performance verification/Performance modeling related field in IP, Subsystem or SOC level
- Rich experience in constructing highly scalability, configurability and reusability DV/Performance verification/Performance model environment.
- Writing System Verilog, System C models for simulation, C/C++ and/or Python
- Knowledge of IO protocols like AXI, PCIe, IOMMU and/or Compute Express Link preferred
- Background in computer architecture preferred
Education : Bsc or Msc in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Requisition Number: 104542
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website