What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Physical Design Manager
The Toronto RTG Physical Design team is looking for an experienced Physical Design Manager to drive the successful execution and completion for significant portions of our leading-edge AMD GPU / SOC Designs.
- Bring deep knowledge and experience in Physical design and apply them to large, challenging, leading-edge designs to ensure high quality on time delivery.
- Bring significant experience in effective team management to help mentor, coach and grow the RTG Physical Design Team with an emphasis on positive influence on team morale and culture
- Technically manage different aspects of Physical Design including Chip Level Floor planning, Bus / Pin Planning, Clock Tree Synthesis, Placement, Optimization, Routing, Parasitic Extraction, Static Timing Analysis, IR drop analysis, Physical Verification and Sign Off.
- Experience and understanding of flow development and scripting.
- Strong Technical problem and debugging solving.
- 10+ Experience in ASIC Design with relevant Physical Design Skills
- Minimum BSEE/CE, or equivalent degree, Masters is definitely an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to details.
- Strong communication, Time Management and Presentation Skills.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to independently and efficiently drive challenging and time critical tasks to on-time completion.
- Forward looking and dependable leader who proactively identifies and resolves issues and roadblocks before they become bottlenecks or showstopper.
- Strong ability to provide mentorship and guidance to junior and senior engineers, a very effective team player, mut have strong technical management skills and provide a positive influence on team morale and culture
- Working experience on CAD tools from Synopsys, Cadence and Mentor Graphics required.
Requisition Number: 114207
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website