What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Customer Systems Engineer, Storage Market Segment, Embedded BU
AMD's embedded business unit is looking for a highly technical customer facing systems engineering individual contributor role to work and enable a top-tier customer in storage market segment. This person will need to build and understand the customer product under development and make sure that the AMD solution (silicon, software, tools, use-cases, custom-features etc.) is enabling best performance and all the relevant usage scenarios for the customer product.
Storage market is a growing focused market segment for embedded business and this role will be highly visible technical execution role with a direct opportunity to impact the customer and there-of embedded business success.
You need to work closely with execution-level customer system architects and senior engineers externally and work with product and customer engineering experts internally. You need to provide the guidance and technical oversight to other functional domain customer engineering team members, driving deep-technical discussions on customer topics, solutions architecting for the unique requirements and in essence be the overall technical/engineering lead for the customer program.
You will interact with key engineering and management stakeholders for the strategic customers as well as AMD's business team to report progress, align on critical topics and drive action items to closure.
This position reports into Director of Systems Engineering and is based out of Austin TX.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Be the overall systems engineer for a strategic storage customer account covering one or many programs with that customer.
- Engage and complete the gap-analysis and solutions architecting for the pre-design win customer engagements and technically influence them to get the win.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership of the customer program during execution phases tackling new requirements and complex technical problems. Connect the dots for different domain SMEs and provide close technical oversight.
- Do POCs, demos or use-case optimizations as needed to win the designs and work with ecosystem partners as needed to provide a complete technical solution to the customer
- Interact and work closely with internal and external architects and SMEs etc. to be the voice of customer and drive right technical decision making to get the best feature and performance entitlement from the AMD solution.
- Play at different technical levels and be able to roll-up-the-sleeves and deep-dive into technical details as well as think and articulate right architectural view of the things.
- Tackling the customer program problems which are escalated and requires right level of technical seniority including internal and external executive communications, timely escalation and alignment.
- Mentoring, guiding, and directing the team in right way of approaching the problems for most effective and efficient problem solving especially in navigating ambiguous situations.
- Strike right balance between right solution in least time esp. in managing competing priorities and high-pressure situations.
- Author technical paper, reference solutions, applications notes internally as well as externally for NDA customers or public publications. Participate and present in key storage market technical events and being abreast with storage latest technology trends.
- Engineering degree in EE or CS with 15+ years of relevant extensive experience in customer-facing technical roles as systems architect or systems engineering for storage products.
- Extremely Well versed in the overall storage industry and overall solution right from the processor to the platform, BIOS, SW/FW and applications including the high-availability and data integrity needs.
- Good breadth and depth of systems technical knowledge (x86, SoC, Platform-HW, Platform-SW, BIOS/FW, Tools) and being able to connect the dots among domain experts and provide systems view.
- Good knowledge, customer understanding and proven track record of storage market segments and enabling customers and in their product development in these segments will be a big plus.
- Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment and ability to travel as needded.
- High sense of urgency and strong drive for results and not afraid to roll-up-the-sleeves and get things done.
- Excellent customer and exec. communication skills. Fluency in European or Asian languages a plus.
- Ability to align and build consensus among parties working towards the final goal.
Requisition Number: 104821
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website