What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Power Systems Engineer - 106742
The AMD Client and Graphics Business Unit (CGE) is looking for a dynamic, upbeat Power Management Systems Engineer to join our growing team focused on post silicon CPU/APU power management feature development solutions. As a key contributor to the success of AMD's product portfolio, you will be part of a high-performance AMD team driving the delivery of high quality, industry leading product technology to market. The CGE team fosters and encourages continuous technical innovation to showcase successes as well as facilitate continuous career development.
We have competitive benefit packages and award-wining culture. Join us!
Eager to learn and possess excellent problem-solving skills with computer architecture knowledge that wants to grow in the power management area.
- In an engineering lab environment, execute CPU/APU electrical and functional power management and system feature test plans to validate silicon and system functionality to product specification using hardware and software validation tools, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers
- Develop technical test plans to support platform level silicon validation execution of CPU/APU power management features
- Develop scripts and tools to support validation and analysis of CPU/APU power management features
- Debug of power management system issues found during pre-silicon emulation, bring up, validation, and production phases of SOC programs.
- Strong scripting skills in Python and working knowledge of C
- Strong Computer architecture, PC architecture knowledge and SOC/APU architecture knowledge
- Knowledge of PC architectures and system technologies.
- Exposure to using oscilloscopes, reading schematics and layout design files
- Good written and oral communication skills, with the ability to work along with a variety of engineering fields and management.
- Excellent problem solving skills
BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 2+ yrs of experience OR Recent College Graduate with Masters in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Requisition Number: 106742
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website