What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Power Systems Silicon Design Engineer - 106401
In the Advanced System and Power team, we design high-technology platforms for world class products based on AMD's Graphics Processing Units (GPU's). Our team plays a major part in architecting and shaping every graphics board offered by AMD! We design cutting-edge power converters for our discrete graphics boards that retail around the world.
Facing always more stringent demands in terms of current level, efficiency and responsiveness, these designs are essential to maximize the performance from our GPU's in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Capturing and documenting the power requirements of next generation GPU's and the specifications of the input power available
- Reviewing converter topologies and selecting power components such as PWM controllers, power transistors and passive filter elements
- Structuring and executing extensive preliminary design verification
- Preparing schematics as well as interacting and supervising the PCB layout and mechanical teams in developing robust implementations
- Verification/Debugging of new designs and identifying compliance to original specifications by comprehensive laboratory work executed in the context of exhaustive test plans
- Release Design collaterals to supporting internal and external customers with power related issues during the characterization and launch phases of new graphics cards
- Contributing and recommending original design ideas for future applications, based on experience gained in previous design cycles.
- Previous hands-on experience designing, validating, debugging power electronics for PC, Consumer, Server and Telecom
- Experience in schematic capture / layout tools (eg. Cadence Concept, Allegro, Protel, etc.)
- Experience in power electronics simulation tools (SPICE, SIMPLIS, Sigrity, PSIM, etc.)
- Ability to program FPGAs using Verilog is an asset
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required
- Graduate-level degree with focus in Power Electronics is an asset
Markham, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 106401
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website