What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Product Development Engineer 2
The Foundry Yield Engineer is encouraged to find effective solutions to sophisticated problems and drive continuous yield improvement internally with AMD and with AMD's foundry partners. Technical leadership, problem solving skills and strong data analysis skills are required to be effective in this role. In this role the experienced candidate will conduct in-depth investigation and analysis to identify and eliminate causes of systematic and random yield loss.
- Process tuning and centering for efficient speed, yield and cost targets.
- End-to-end data analysis and correlation of WAT, WS and in-line process monitoring.
- Data extraction, summarization, prediction, correlation and regression analysis.
- Designing experiments and performing their analysis.
- Yield analysis of Microprocessor, Graphics and Chipset products at every test step with high emphasis on Yields, reporting yield results and identify failure mechanisms and drive corrective and preventative actions
- You will explain fab issues to internal business units and control process changes requested by the foundries. A strong fab background and excellent communication skills will be important for your success.
- Interacts with Fab technology development team to identify product improvement limitations and opportunities.
- Engineers will be encouraged to bring a great deal of innovation and creativity.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Requires experience with semiconductor manufacturing and device physics knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree plus 1 or more years of related experience (process technology development/implementation/integration), or equivalent combination of training and experience
Requisition Number: 100881
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function:Product Engineering
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website