What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
To perform root cause failure analysis that drives corrective actions to address product development, production yield, reliability, and customer quality issues.
- Failure analysis of advanced microprocessors and graphics processors based on FINFET technology
- Perform Silicon Debug, Fault Isolation and DFT diagnostics on Advanced Graphics and Microprocessors using state of the art Tester, Diagnostics, Simulation, CAD and Design/Electrical analysis tools.
- Work closely with designers and product engineering groups to resolve first silicon, product qualification and yield improvement failures leading to silicon/process/test flow improvements.
- Work closely with tool manufacturers to improve or develop new failure analysis methods
- Basic equipment troubleshooting and interaction with vendor to resolve equipment issues
- Knowledge in semiconductor wafer processing, IC failure analysis, device physics
- Able to work with cross-department and global teams.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with ATE, system, or bench top characterization and debug environment
- Applicant must have functional knowledge of transistor device physics, circuit analysis, analytical techniques, CMOS manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to lead and organize projects are requisite skills.
- Master's / Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronics engineering with 0-4 years of experience in Failure Analysis, IC Design, Product/Test Engineering
Requisition Number: 101203
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website