What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Ensure overall test coverage of microprocessors from pre-silicon planning into high volume manufacturing by developing and improving product-specific test methodology and diagnostics.This person:
Will blend PE product characterization and analysis skills with broad experience at wafer sort and package test using Advantest 93k. Key efforts include technical analysis and project work to identify and resolve test coverage weaknesses and thereby improve outgoing quality, screening methods, and yield. This position involves close collaboration with internal yield and product characterization owners within Product Development Engineering as well as ongoing coordination with ATE and other internal partner teams. The ideal candidate demonstrates experience in test, characterization, and product development as part of a larger engineering team dedicated to product definition, power and speed characterization, yield analysis, and system-level test (SLT) requirements for high-performance enterprise solutions.Key responsibilities:
- 5+ years of relevant proven experience
- Driving Automated Test Equipment (ATE) improvements (Package Test & Wafer Sort).
- Experience in semiconductor product development and product characterization, silicon automated testing debug and improvement.
- Basic programming: C++, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, shell script, or other
- Strong statistical analysis and Pareto analysis skills to drive debug efforts
- Working with System Level Test (SLT) teams to drive yield loss to wafer sort, in turn, driving wafer fabrication yield improvement efforts.
- Debugging issues with test software, methods, diagnostics, and device-specific IP.
- Test pattern bring-up and debug, including basic level debug of tests and patterns across all areas, including wafer sort & final test algorithms.
- Demonstrating ATE test flow creation, revision control, and content skills to edit the flow, change test conditions, and improve screening efficiency.
- Crafting characterization flows from existing ATE content.
- Familiarity with general microprocessor architecture concepts
- Experience developing tests, patterns/vectors, timing, and diagnostics at ATE
- Experience with Adaptive Voltage and Frequency Scaling (AVFS) and/or CReST
- Familiarity with Linux or Unix Operating Systems
- Project Management, XP, AGILE, Scrum, and/or Kanban certification/experience
- BS/MS EE or CE or equivalent
- Austin, Texas
Requisition Number: 79110
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website