What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Program Manager – Platform Hardware Engineering - 100181
We are looking for a Platform Hardware Program Manager responsible for the Platform engineering aspects of a designated graphics program, from product definition through to delivery. You will work across teams, blending your strategic and tactical experience to produce high-quality solutions, within time and budget.
This Program Manager will have strong communication and influencing skills while achieving desired results. Makes decisions or takes actions that move items to closure without divisiveness. We're looking for someone who fosters a communication friendly environment in which others can express conflicting inputs and work collaboratively to achieve results
- Drive efficient Graphics Platform program planning & execution through active leadership, clear communication, and effective organization skills.
- Provide frequent & concise updates to Program and Executive teams on plans, status, and risk mitigation.
- Simultaneously keep the bigger business picture in mind, while focusing on program details to effectively drive teams.
- Proactively drive plans to mitigate delays, and follow-through with internal platform team
- Coordinate 3rd parties and contract manufacturers to align material supply and prototype deliveries in line with committed schedules
- Work closely with Platform teams to define dependencies and goals
- Previous PM experience working on product development.
- Own the delivery of sophisticated embedded hardware solutions.
- Presentation Skills and relevant experience addressing Executive community as well as Program teams.
- Leadership capabilities, ability to work cross-functionally within a matrix environment.
- Organization/Planning skills and relevant experience driving development schedules and risk
- Ability to influence consensus on technical solutions in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment
- Facilitates problem resolution with other groups, both internal and external
- Ability to effectively communicate with people in tense situations, confronts and resolves conflicts
- Proactively involves others in planning, decision making and implementation efforts
- Ensures that project goals and project objectives are met
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- PMP Certification highly desirable
Location: Markham Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: 100181
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function:Other Engineering
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website