What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Silicon Evaluation Lead - 107926
With AMD's Client engineering teams, you will be exposed to the world's best Desktop/PC and Mobile CPU, GPU and APU processors for accelerated system computing power. As an AMD Client Engineer you will have visibility to cutting edge multi-layered security features, H-Series processors optimized for gamers and creators, and U-Series processors optimized for thin and light notebooks. In addition, you will learn how AMD achieves unprecedented performance and battery life with 7nm “Zen 3” core architecture. Zen is delivering a 19% IPC and up to 26% gaming performance generational uplift, with power efficiency up to 2.8X greater than the performance-per-watt of our competition. Come join our world class client engineering team providing rapid career growth advancement, and access to cutting edge client technologies, through its year over year record-breaking market share, product performance and revenue gains!
Technically guiding System on a Chip post silicon efforts for productization of our client computing products and platforms. Responsible for mitigating risk and sharing advancements for future design efforts!
Confident leader able to self-navigate the challenges and executive communication requirements of aligning teams for AMD's SoC emulation and validation efforts.
- Sharing point of views in design, process and integration for advanced SOC development.
- Identifying Technology and Program Feature risk areas and develop mitigation plans.
- Specifying technology metrics and breakthroughs for pre and post Silicon status
- Aligning SoC Power and Thermal performance teams to program bounding box through issue analysis and aligning future SOC updates with SOC design teams
- 5-10 years of professional experience in the semiconductor industry
- Familiarity with all Design areas and tools and validated understanding of design/technology interactions
- SOC emulation experience and model development with a good understanding of computer organization/architecture
- Laboratory experience, including the use of equipment: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and pronounced attention to details
- Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion with good collaboration and communications skills are mandatory
Bachelor, Master or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Architecture work experience
AMD offers top tier benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, ESPP, vacation, holiday and sick days with a focus on work-life balance.
Requisition Number: 107926
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website