What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
SMTS PACKAGING ENGINEER
Lead substrate technology development from concept to product alignment and high-volume ramp for AMD's portfolio of products across client, server, gaming, and GPU products. Collaborate with product design teams, technology development partners to understand future product needs and define a technology roadmap that encompasses pitch scaling, power delivery, signal integrity and cost improvement. Engage with worldwide substrate supplier ecosystem to identify strategic supply chain partners. Work closely with supply chain partners to qualify new technologies and enable smooth product ramp that meets cost, yield, and reliability targets.
The candidate would have a proven track record of working with worldwide supply chain bringing up new technologies and partners. The candidate would have five plus years of hands-on experience with process development, defining process flows and solving integrated yield/reliability issues with substrate manufacturing. He/she should have experience leading cross functional teams, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Define advanced substrate technology roadmap across pitch scaling, power delivery, signal integrity and cost vectors
- Partner with AMD architects, designers, and product owners to develop high yielding, cost effective substrate solutions which meet product requirements
- Select development partners to bring into AMD supply chain to invest and develop these concepts
- Partner with product team and manufacturing engineering to demonstrate reliability and smoothly transition new substrate technologies from concept through NPI
- Transfer the new product into a high yielding, cost-effective high-volume manufacturing environment
- Five plus years of experience leading cross functional teams to achieve technology certification, yield/cost reduction initiatives
- Proven record of communicating complex technical challenges to executive level/management
Masters in solid state physics, Chemistry, Material science, Chemical engineering, Mechanical engineering or equivalent
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 94932
Country/Region/Location: Malaysia State/Province: Penang City: Penang
Job Function: Packaging Engineering
Apply on company website