What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
TITLE : Design Verification Engineer
THE ROLE: This is an exciting opportuntiy for a seasoned engineer to apply their IP knowledge to sub system verification.
THE PERSON: Execute a project independently with global teams to achieve pre-defined goals in time
- Execute a project independently with global teams to achieve pre-defined goals in time
- Understand logical design architecture and provide the analyzed data to architects for review
- Improve existing UVM test bench with advanced design verification methodology
- Bring up new design features
- Responsible for SOC design and design verification support.
- Accountable for project delivery.
- Establishes and maintains AMD's technological leadership position in an area
- Considered technical leader across project and departmental boundaries and has a proven track record for sustained innovation.
- Is responsible for projects or processes of significant strategic or commercial importance and for project/program results
- Deals with problems requiring cutting edge approaches and champions innovation across the organization
- Makes technical decisions that have a significant impact on product families, go to market strategies and customer satisfaction
- Provides consultative direction with management
- Coaches and mentors experienced staff
- Represents AMD to the outside technical community, partners and vendors
- Improve existing test bench to achieve the goals of reusability, configurability, and scalability
- Elevating current ASIC design verification quality and the simulation efficiency to higher level
PREFERRED SKILLED SET & EXPERIENCE:
- Rich experience in constructing highly scalability, configurability and reusability DV test bench.
- Experience in ASIC design/verification related field in IP, Subsystem or SOC level
- Writing System Verilog and/or System C models for simulation
- Experience in writing UVM models, checkers and stimulus, constructing UVM register models and applying constrained random methodology in UVM test environment and stimulus
- Compose test plan and validation vectors to ensure functional completeness
- Experience with design for verification (assertion based design strategies, code coverage, functional coverage, test plan, gate-level simulation, back-annotation etc.)
- Should be versatile in any one of the high level verification flow such as SV,UVM, C++ etc. as well as knowledge of industry standard tools for verification
- Should have excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Major in EE, CS or related, Master Degree
Requisition Number: 104341
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website