What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GPU Driver Developer (Machine Learning)
Our team works on the ROCm Platform an open-source HPC/Hyperscale-class platform for GPU computing. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to develop, maintain, and support ROCm .
The successful candidate will utilize their knowledge of machine learning and driver development to be a key contributor to the ongoing development of AMD drivers and future hardware. The ideal candidate will use outstanding cross-component, independent problem-solving skills, and work with other Compute / Machine Learning teams at AMD. They will thrive in a dynamic environment, be a strong teammate with proven initiative who is passionate about developing leading-edge products.
- GPU driver development in support of Machine Learning and Data Centre applications
- Contributes to software projects of significant technical importance
- Solves sophisticated non-recurring problems that leads to development and implementation
- Debug, analyze and resolve quality and certification issues as reported by Customers and QA
- Write detailed design notes for new features
- Coordinate closely with peers and colleagues to ensure timely and effective communication of all assigned work activities
- Coordinate with developers in the open-source development community
- Proficient in C and C++ programming
- Excellent debugging and trouble-shooting skills
- PC architecture knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with compute, graphics, or multimedia GPU application development
- Proven track record of contributions to open-source projects
Bachelor's degree, or master's with proven experience
Requisition Number: 107266
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website