What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software System Designer 2
This is an exciting role in which you will have excellent exposure to all the latest technologies in the computer graphics industry – 3D Gaming, Display Technologies, Compute, Virtual Reality….you name it. Imagine yourself as part of the team which will deliver our next generation of computer graphics products like Ryzen APUs – This is a phenomenal opportunity to work in an outstanding company like AMD.
As part of the RTG (Radeon Technology Group) Windows Core Software Quality Assurance team, you will participate in various phases of the software QA lifecycle including but not limited to:
- Validate new SW features and new OS introduction before releasing to customers
- Develop and drive execution of a comprehensive, highly effective test automation strategy for complex new technology and new product introduction projects
- Convert feature specification into test cases (manual and automated) that will cover different types of testing - boundary, negative, functional, etc.
- Work very closely with dev teams and Project Managers to drive defects to closures.
- Identify Matrices and Measurements for various aspect of the software QA development cycle
- Any ideas to improve current process are valued. If you are a self-starter, ideas which benefit the organization are encouraged to get implemented.
- Keen interest in PC Gaming and latest Computer Graphics technologies (including 3D graphics concepts/API/Gaming, VR and MR, Display technologies (FreeSync/HDR), Multimedia, Compute)
- Good knowledge and hands on experience in PC configuration (both Software and Hardware) with methods of Troubleshooting
- Be able to access, extract and analyze data, build visual to communicate results, help formulate recommendations, and present insights from data for consumption
- Proven work on Windows and Linux operating systems
- Hands-on experience in programming/scripting skills would be a big asset; familiar with Python, VBA, C++, Selenium framework, ML/AI coding knowledge is a plus
- Self-starter able to achieve successful outcomes in a non-hierarchical environment, with minimal supervision or direction.
- Detailed oriented; ability to multitask through planning/organizing.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills
- Bachelor's in computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree plus 0-3 years relevant hands-on experience in high tech industry working in software development lifecycles, software QA or test automation
Canada, Ontario, Markham
Requisition Number: 106681
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website