What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Application Team Sr. Manager
Would you like to be part of a world-class team enabling applications for high-performance computing? AMD is searching for talented and highly motivated computational scientists/engineers to join our team of developers preparing applications for supercomputing platforms across the industry, academia, and national laboratories.
AMD Research seeks a strong, collaborative leader with sharp technical skills to lead a highly educated and motivated team from the front in a hands-on manner. The candidate needs to have a demonstrated track record of development and leadership. The ability to interact with partner companies and organizations is essential. You will work closely with stakeholders, diverse teams within AMD, external code owners, and customers to lead a development team in delivering high-quality and performant HPC applications for use on AMD CPU and GPU products.
You are passionate about the performance and quality of software products. You continuously coordinate across organizations, bringing together developers, customers, and product engineers to deliver programs on time. You delight in winning business by providing recognizable value to our customers.
- Lead and manage a team of talented domain experts, software engineers, and performance optimization engineers to adapt HPC applications to run on AMD hardware
- Drive the delivery of Exascale ready applications to AMD business units and customers
- Interact with stakeholders to establish program requirements and schedules
- Contribute technical input to customer RFPs and business proposals
- Work with other AMD teams to continuously improve AMD development software products.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills are required
- Demonstrated track record of software team management
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following categories
- Project Management
- GPU architecture and performance analysis
- Software development and release life cycle
- Computational Chemistry
- Oil and Gas applications
- Weather Modelling
- Applied Mathematics
- Experience with large machine procurement processes and export control compliance is a plus
- Experience collaborating across a geographically distributed team (AMD has sites across North America, Europe, and Asia)
- PhD degree or equivalent accomplishments in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related fields
- A business degree is a plus
Requisition Number: 99826
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website